Educational Opportunities for University of Vermont Medical Center Nurses
The UVM Medical Center offers its nursing employees a variety of avenues for continuing their education.
- Nursing Grand Rounds, twice monthly, offering CE credits - covering nursing specific clinical and professional topics of special interest to nurses
- Critical care internship program
- Perioperative nursing course
- Graduate nurse internship
- EKG Interpretation Workshop
- Core content programs in nursing specialty areas
- Preceptor workshop - a two-day workshop offering education for nurses who would like to mentor new nurses on the job
- Student nurse extern program
University of Vermont Affiliation
The UVM Medical Center is affiliated with The University of Vermont and UVM's College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Our nurses have full access to the Dana Medical Library at UVM's College of Medicine, which includes hundreds of electronic nursing journals, dedicated reference librarians and a variety of on-line continuing education courses for nurses.
UVM's Continuing Education offers several intensive programs available for specialized nursing audiences.
For continuing education and professional conferences, The UVM Medical Center supports our nurses through tuition reimbursement packages and scholarships.
Vermont Education Links
Vermont nursing school locations:
Castleton State College
Southern Vermont College
The University of Vermont College of Nursing & Health Sciences
Vermont General Health Care Links
Vermont health care-related organizations:
Vermont State Board of Nursing
Vermont Association of Hospitals & Health Systems (VAHHS)