Self-Service URL: https://identity.fletcherallen.org
Symantec Validation ID Protection (VIP) helps protect your account by requiring a unique security code when remotely accessing internal UVM Medical Center resources. You must download a Symantec VIP credential and register it with the UVM Medical Center before you can begin using it to log into UVM Medical Center systems remotely.
Setting up your Symantec VIP credential is a two-step process:
- Download and install your Symantec VIP Credential.
- Register your Symantec VIP Credential with the UVM Medical Center.
Download and install your Symantec VIP Credential:
One registered credential can be used to provide you with the security code required to log in from any device. A SmartPhone credential is recommended as this is likely something you will always have with you.
Register your Symantec VIP Credential with the UVM Medical Center:
- Log into the Self-Service portal with your M number and password: https://identity.fletcherallen.org
- You will need to confirm your identity by selecting an existing email address or phone number to receive a temporary code. You will be notified if there is no email address or phone number associated with your account. Please contact the I.S. Service Center at (802) 847-1414 to add an email address or phone number if needed.
- Once you have received your temporary code, you can use it to complete the log in to the Self-Service portal.
- Click the Register button to register your credential.
- Enter in the required information from your credential into the registration fields and click Submit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Symantec VIP?
Symantec Validation ID Protection (VIP) helps protect your account by requiring a unique security code when remotely accessing internal UVM Medical Center resources.
How do I get a security code for logging into UVM Medical Center resources remotely?
Security codes are primarily delivered using a VIP credential.
What is a VIP credential?
An application or device that randomly generates a 6 digit security code every 30 seconds. VIP credentials can be software or hardware depending on the type of VIP credential that you choose. VIP credential types include:
- VIP Access for Mobile – a free security credential application that can be downloaded to your SmartPhone
- VIP Access Desktop – a free security credential software application that can be downloaded to your computer
- VIP Security Credential – a device that can be purchased from Symantec
Do I need to install a VIP credential on every device that I want to connect to UVM Medical Center resources from?
No. The security code required to log into UVM Medical Center resources remotely can be obtained from any Symantec VIP credential that you have registered in the Symantec VIP Self-Service site. A SmartPhone credential is recommended as this is likely something you will always have with you. You can then use the code on your SmartPhone credential to remotely log into UVM Medical Center resources from any other device.
How can I update my contact information used by Symantec VIP?
- On-site: http://intraweb.fahc.org/ContactInfo
- Off-site: Call the I.S. Service Center at (802) 847-1414
How do I use my Symantec VIP credential to remotely log into internal UVM Medical Center resources?
Enter in your UVM Medical Center username and password into the appropriate fields. Enter the 6 digit code provided by Symantec VIP into the Security Code field. This code can be found in your Symantec VIP credential.
What is Symantec VIP Push Authentication and how do I use it?
VIP Push Authentication sends notifications to push-enabled VIP credentials. You can accept the notification in the credential instead of entering a security code when signing in. To use VIP Push Authentication type the word "push" into the Security Code field. If you have a registered credential that is push-enabled, a notification will be sent to the credential. Simply approve the notification in your credential to be logged in. If you do not have a push-enabled credential, you will be prompted to enter your 6-digit security code instead.
Can I still remotely log into internal UVM Medical Center resources if my Symantec VIP credential is unavailable to me for some reason?
Yes, log into the Symantec VIP Self-Service Site at https://identity.fletcherallen.org using your M number and password. On the Confirm Your Identity page click the “Trouble signing in?” link. Select which option you would like to use to receive your temporary security code and click Continue. Your temporary security code will be delivered to you using the option you have chosen. Enter this code into the Security Code field.
What do I do if I lost or no longer need my Symantec VIP credential?
Log in to the Symantec VIP Self-Service site at https://identity.fletcherallen.org and remove the credential from your account.
Can I have more than one Symantec VIP credential?
You can have up to 5 different Symantec VIP credentials registered to your account.
What should I do if I upgrade or replace my smartphone?
When you upgrade or replace your existing smartphone, you must download the Symantec VIP credential onto your new phone and register the new credential associated with the new device with the UVM Medical Center. If you restore the content of your new phone from a backed-up version, the device should re-install the Symantec VIP app automatically. If this is not the case, you will need to manually reinstall the app. Please follow the instructions above to install and set up your new device’s VIP credential.
Who do I call if I need additional assistance with my Symantec VIP credential?
Please contact the IS Service Center at (802) 847-1414 if you need assistance with Symantec VIP.