Remote Access Gateway URL: https://workspace.uvmhealth.org/
The Remote Access Gateway provides employees and authorized affiliates with secure, remote access to applications and systems at the University of Vermont Medical Center. For additional support you can contact the IS Service Center by calling (802) 847-1414.
NOTE: Older versions of the below listed software may not work properly and updating to a more recent version may be required.
- Supported PCs
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Software Requirements
- Setup and configuration
- Logging in
- Go to https://workspace.uvmhealth.org
- Enter your login credentials and click Log On
- Microsoft Authenticator will send you a mobile notification, choose Approve
- You now have full access to Citrix Remote Access Gateway.
Managing and launching applications
- All Apps: A list of all of the applications available to you
- My Apps: A list of the applications that you have subscribed to from the All Apps tab
- Managing My Apps: Click on the Options button next to an application to access the Add to My Apps or Remove from My Apps options. Please note that some applications on the My Apps tab are mandatory and cannot be removed.
- Launch an application by single-clicking on its icon
For all Browsers: You may be presented with a security prompt regarding access to you local PC resources when you launch an application. You should permit access if you intend to interact with your local PC in any way, for example, if you would like to print to your local printer.
- For the Google Chrome Browser only: You may be presented with an "External Protocol Request" pop-up when you launch an application. Check the "Remember my choice for all links of this type" checkbox and click the Launch Application button.
Below is a list of some of the most common issues and troubleshooting steps. Before you begin, please make sure your browser is fully updated and you have installed the latest version of Citrix Receiver. If you continue to have issues after following these troubleshooting steps, please contact the IS Service Center at (802) 847-1414.
- Ensure that all steps in the Setup and configuration section above have been completed.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Ensure that https://workspace.uvmhealth.org is allowed through any Firewall software installed on your PC.
- Ensure that https://workspace.uvmhealth.org is not being blocked by any Firewall software installed on your PC.
- You will need to use a valid username and password as well as have registereded for Microsoft Authenticator and downloaded the App. Instructions can be found here.
- https://workspace.uvmhealth.org must be added to Trusted Sites to prevent being prompted to download or run an .ica file when launching applications. Please see the Setup and configuration section above for instructions.
- In order to successfully launch applications from Google Chrome, please make sure that you are running both the latest version of Google Chrome as well as the latest version of Citrix Workspace.
- You may be presented with an "External Protocol Request" pop-up. You should check the "Remember my choice for all links of this type" checkbox and then click the Launch Application button to proceed.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Citrix Workspace.
- Make sure you have installed the most up-to-date version of the print driver for your model of printer.
- If you did not allow access to your local PC resources when launching an application for the first time, the Citrix session will not be permitted to access your local PC resources, like your printer. You will need to reset the security settings to allow access in order to print.
- Launch an application
- Right-click on the Citrix icon in the System Tray of your PC
- Open Connection Center
- Click on your Citrix session to highlight it, then open Preferences
- On the File Access tab, set permissions to Read and Write, then click OK.