Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Burlington, VT
The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, VT, offers comprehensive reconstructive surgery services to correct abnormalities related to birth defects, injury, disease, infection, or other surgeries.
Plastic Surgeons at The UVM Medical Center are highly skilled to treat the following conditions, using the latest reconstructive surgical techniques. For more information about the procedures listed below visit the American Society for Plastic Surgeons website.
Our team offers extensive services in reconstructive surgery including but not limited to:
- Breast reconstruction surgery
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Facial reconstruction surgery
- Micro vascular surgery
- Reconstructive surgery for post traumatic reasons
- Congenital reconstructive plastic surgery
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Reconstructive surgery following gastric bypass surgery
- Facial reconstructive surgery
- General reconstruction
- Port wine stains
- Skin cancer
- Scar revision
- Pressure ulcers
- Sternal plating
- Burn care
Microsurgical reconstruction is used for complex reconstructive surgery problems when simpler options such as primary closure, healing by secondary intention, skin grafting, or local or regional flap transfer, are not adequate. Microsurgery may not be the best solution for all reconstructive dilemmas and usually is not the first choice for reconstruction; however, it is an important tool to achieve complex reconstruction.
Heart Surgery benefits millions of people a year. Heart Surgery often involves splitting the sternum in order to enter the chest cavity. A small percentage of people who undergo this procedure develop serious complications that cause the sternum to separate.
While many surgeons currently remove the sternum in this situation, there is a new a procedure that involves fixing the sternum with titanium plates. Dr. Robert Nesbit, a plastic surgeon from the University of Vermont Medical Group at The UVM Medical Center, has trained with the prestigious AO Foundation in this new sternum plating system, and has been helping many patients recover from this serious complication.
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at The UVM Medical Center
At The UVM Medical Center, our skilled team of plastic surgeons offers an extensive array of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery services to meet your needs. As Vermont's only comprehensive, multi-surgeon plastic surgery practice, we are proud to:
- Provide expert care by plastic surgeons. Our physicians serve as faculty at the University of Vermont, College of Medicine and are on the forefront of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery techniques.
- Offer patients proven procedures backed by the latest scientific research and developments in the field.
- Maintain a strong commitment to personalized care and spending quality time with patients. We work closely with you to address your concerns, answer any questions you have and give you the latest information to make an informed choice about your treatment.
- Partner with community hospitals in Vermont and northern New York to ensure patients have access to plastic surgery services in outlying areas.
- Provide services in a safe, confidential and comforting environment. Our modern, convenient facility offers easy access and free parking.
Our team of physicians, nurses and staff will make every step of the process as easy as possible so you'll know exactly what to expect. Our team also includes physician assistants, a staff of skilled nurses and a knowledgeable office staff who will make every effort to ensure that your experience with us is the best it can possibly be.
Making an Appointment
Consultations for reconstructive plastic surgery can be made by the patient's physician office.
New Patient Questionnaire - Adult
New Patient Questionnaire - Pediatric