At the UVM Medical Center, our Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine service cares for patients with chronic and acute respiratory problems. We see patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings, depending on your needs.
Pulmonary Disease: Expert Care in Burlington, Vermont
The UVM Medical Center is the teaching hospital for the University of Vermont College of Medicine. This means your doctor is also involved in teaching and medical research in all areas of pulmonology. You can feel confident knowing your doctor has the most up-to-date information and is providing you with the latest treatment options.
Our pulmonology team includes:
- 16 attending physicians
- Physician assistant
- Six fellows
- Nurse practitioner
Pulmonary Disease: Diagnosis
At the UVM Medical Center and the Gartman Center for Medicine, we use sophisticated diagnostic equipment to diagnose your condition, quickly and accurately. Our diagnostic services include:
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Complete pulmonary function testing
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Methacholine challenge testing
- Oxygen titration
Pulmonary Disease Treatment: Services We Provide
At the UVM Medical Center, we manage even the most critical pulmonary cases. We provide the care you need, whether it's a consultation, diagnostic services or long-term treatment. Using the most advanced technology available, our specialists work together to diagnose and treat you, and we do so with the warmth and compassion you deserve.
Services we provide include:
- Management of critically ill patients in the Medical Intensive Care Unit and critical care consults in other areas of the medical center
- Inpatientpulmonary disease consultative services
- Outpatient pulmonary disease consults and care at the Gartman Center for Medicine (located in the East Pavilion, Level 5 at UVM Medical Center's Medical Center Campus in Burlington)
- Evaluation of sleep-disordered breathing
- A program of outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation
We have specialists in many different areas of pulmonary medicine, including:
Contact the Pulmonology Department at 802-847-1158. We are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Find instructions on how to refer a patient to one of our specialists. We are dedicated to working with you throughout your patient's care. To reach our providers directly, call Provider Access Service at 800-639-2480.
Download the Referral Form.