Aesculapius Medical Center Laboratory
The Aesculapius Laboratory is a satellite laboratory of the UVM Medical Center, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. This laboratory provides on-site services including Point of Care Testing and phlebotomy, for providers at Aesculapius Medical Center.
We see about 70 patients a day and about half of those patients have in-house tests. In addition, these patients often have tests ordered which are sent to the main UVM Medical Center Laboratory. In-house tests include: Urinalysis/Microscopic, Pregnancy Test, Rapid Strep Test, Fingerstick Hemoglobin and Glucose, KOH and Wet Preps and Hemoccult Blood.
We are licensed as a moderate-level testing laboratory by CLIA #47D0091239 and our laboratory uses the same testing procedures as the UVM Medical Center Laboratory.
Medical Director: John Lunde, MD
Manager: Monica Sullivan, MT (ASCP)
Fanny Allen Laboratory
At the Fammy Allen Laboratory we provide diagnostic testing and support to the onsite Urgent Care Center,
Operating Room, Infusion Room, and Rehabilitation Unit. We focus on
providing fast accurate results, along with releasing blood products to
the infusion center and rehab units. Working closely with the Ursent
Care decreases patient and visitor wait times, and helps contribute to
an increased amount of services for our patients.
- Rapid testing: Strep screen, pregnancy screening, infectious mononucleosis screening and more
- Hematology: Measuring the quantity and qualityes of the cellular components of whole blood
- Coagulation: To determine if clotting time is prolonged, abnormal or
therapeutic, also testsing to determine if a clot is present.
- Chemistry: Testing blood serum to measure liver and kidney function, electrolytes, glucose, and cardiac markers
- Urinalysis: Examining urine sediment to aid in the diagnosis of infections or urinary stones
- Transfusion Services: Providing the Fanny Allen Infusion Center as
well as our Rehab Unit with the blood products their patients need
Fanny Allen Laboratory Medical Director: John Lunde, MD
Manager: Cindy Nelson, MT (ASCP)
Supervisor: Lisa Reste, MT (ASCP)