Ophthalmology (Eye Care) in Burlington, VT
The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, VT, offers advanced ophthalmology diagnosis and treatment for various conditions related to eye care and vision.
At UVM Medical Center Ophthalmology, we'll match you with the doctor best suited to care for your individual needs. Your tailor-made team of ophthalmologists and certified ophthalmic technicians and technologists is committed to providing you with health care of the highest quality delivered in a friendly atmosphere.
And as Vermont's university hospital, The UVM Medical Center delivers the latest knowledge and research-based treatment by an extended team of ophthalmology experts found only at a medical center of this caliber.
Neuro and Diabetic Ophthalmology Specialists
Patients experiencing neuro-ophthalmologic conditions have access to an integrated team that incorporates our colleagues in Neurology and Neurosurgery. And diabetic patients benefit from care that involves close collaboration among ophthalmologists, and specialists from our Departments of Medicine, Family Medicine and Pediatrics.
Learn More About Ophthalmology at UVM Medical Center
Explore this site for more information, including our convenient ophthalmology clinic locations, plus details on all of our eye care services. You can also call us anytime at (802) 847-0000 or (800) 358-1144.
The University of Vermont Medical Center Ophthalmology's comprehensive care includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of Cataracts
- Diagnosis and treatment of Glaucoma
- Corneal transplantation
- Corneal infections and inflammation
- Corneal surface disorders, dry eye
- Ocular rosacea
- Herpes simplex disease of the eye
- Herpes zoster disease of the eye
- Other corneal refractive techniques
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive eyelid plastic surgery
- Orbital surgery
- Double vision
- Retinal holes and tears
- Retinal detachments
- Penetrating injuries of the eye
- Inflammation of the eyes (uveitis)
- Retinal vascular disease
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Hereditary retinal diseases
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Subretinal surgery
- All varieties of retinal laser
- Photodynamic therapy for macular degeneration
- Laser for glaucoma
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Tear duct surgery
- Botulinum toxin injections
We offer the latest therapeutic techniques using the Argon and Yag lasers.