Interventional Radiology: What You Need To Know
Interventional Radiology is a rapidly growing area of medicine. Interventional Radiologists use x-rays, ultrasound and other medical images to perform minimally invasive procedures.
These procedures are performed to diagnose and treat disease and are a much less invasive option than other traditional methods, offering less risks and shorter recovery time.
Interventional Radiologists at the University of Vermont Medical Center
The UVM Medical Center's nationally recognized University of Vermont Medical Group Vascular and Interventional Radiologists provide minimally invasive procedures to the body's vascular system and surrounding tissue.
Our radiologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in using X-Ray, CT scan and other imaging modalities to perform minimally invasive procedures. Their specialized training is certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties, American Board of Radiology.
Utilizing advanced techniques and sophisticated imaging equipment, UVM Medical Center Vascular and Interventional Radiologists provide this care with the same individualized attention you have come to expect.
Vascular and Interventional Radiology Services
Some of the services we provide:
- Vascular Stenting
- Stroke Intervention
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Carotid Artery Stenting
- Radiation embolization treatment on select tumors of the liver
- Detailed tissue biopsy
Working with the Vermont Cancer Center, our vascular and interventional radiologists can provide chemotherapeutic embolization treatments to select tumors.
Advantages of Interventional Radiology
- Most procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis or require a short hospital stay.
- General anesthesia is rarely required.
- Risk, pain and recovery time are significantly reduced compared to traditional surgery.
These newer procedures provide you with the best health care experience possible. Pain and recovery time is often reduced, allowing you to return to work and normal activities more quickly.
What we offer
- Private office consultations
- Patient follow-up after treatment or intervention
- Board-certified radiologists
- Highly skilled nurses and technologists
- Pleasant and comfortable atmosphere