The Women's Wellness Program at The UVM Medical Center
The Women's Wellness Program offers comprehensive gynecologic care to healthy women of all ages with the aim of promoting good health and the prevention of illness and disease.
Care is provided by Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who bring state-of-the-art knowledge and personal attention to all routine health care needs, including exams, tests, and other services.
Providers in the Women's Wellness program also provide evaluation and treatment for common gynecologic problems such as vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, and dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Wellness Program providers refer patients to physicians or other health care providers when appropriate.
Health Care for Healthy Women
We are concerned about the good health of all patients. Through the Wellness Program we hope to provide quality medical care, education, and support to women. The care of healthy women includes:
- Assessment of medical history and lifestyle choices
- Personal health choices
- Routine screening to prevent illness
It is our goal to provide this medical care, and to do so in a way that involves you in your own health care and maintenance.
To schedule an appointment at our Medical Center Campus, please call 802-847-1400.
Gynecology Services in Burlington, VT
With each visit to the Wellness Program you can expect:
- A physical examination
- Age-appropriate and problem-specific laboratory testing
- Discussion of healthy lifestyle choices, with specific attention to diet and exercise
Based on your needs, you may also receive:
- Suggestions for dietary supplements
- Evaluation of bone density
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
When appropriate, discussion, education, and counseling will be provided regarding:
- Issues and problems associated with premenstrual syndrome(PMS)
- Birth control options
- Pre- and post-menopausal concerns
- Hormone replacement
- Sexual concerns
- Stress-environmental and emotional
- Family abuse and domestic violence
- Substance abuse
- Parenting issues
When necessary, patients will be referred to a physician or other health care provider.
If you have been seeing one of our Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants, you may continue to do so as a participant in the Wellness Program.
We would also like to extend this service to women who are seeking medical care or who have been seeing a gynecologist for wellness care. Our personal, convenient, cost-effective care may be just what you've been looking for.
Find a UVM Medical Center gynecologist.