We're Still Providing Personalized Care and Support
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to adjust some of the ways we provide cancer care and support as we practice physical distancing to protect the safety of patients and staff. But we want to assure you that The University of Vermont Cancer Center is still here for you and your family members.
- VIDEO VISITS: We have significantly expanded our ability to conduct video visits with patients and family members. Through a secure online system, you can see and hear providers on the screen of your device from the comfort and safety of your home. We encourage you to check with your provider to see if this is a good option for you. Learn more
- In-Person visits: In-person visits are still being scheduled when deemed urgent, safe and necessary. A multidisciplinary team of providers and staff assesses cases daily and makes coordinated plans to ensure these happen safely. We’re still here for you.
- ENSURING YOUR SAFETY: If you need to visit in person, we are taking precautions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our patients and staff. We are conducting health screenings at the entrances to our facilities so that anyone with respiratory complaints can be routed safely to care. Other precautions include making sure that patients waiting for treatment are able to socially distance from others and the appropriate use of personal protective equipment, such as masks, by all staff throughout the hospital. Because COVID-19 can spread before a person has symptoms, wearing masks may help protect the people around us if we are infected and don’t know it. Learn more about wearing a mask.
- YOUR INDIVIDUAL CARE PLAN: Because personalized care has never been more important, we are working on a case-by-case basis to adapt individual care plans, both in-patient and out-patient.
- CLINICAL TRIALS: Provider teams are working to ensure that access to potentially life-saving or life-improving clinical trials continues for patients who need them.
- CHEMOTHERAPY: Careful monitoring of the chemotherapy supply chain is underway to anticipate any potential challenges ahead of time.
Contact your provider directly with questions about your care or health concerns.