Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program of combined education and exercise that focuses on teaching patients how to breathe better, increase their stamina, and get better control of their breathing. We help people stay healthy and empower them to take care of their lungs.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation: How We Compare
Our team is dedicated to helping patients with lung disease, improve their quality of life and live more active lives.
- We are the largest pulmonary rehabilitation center in the state, serving up to 140 patients per year.
- We offer access to state of the art exercise facilities, shared with Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Our program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Our program meets the strict quality and practice standards required by the premier pulmonary rehabilitation organization. The program is recognized as providing “best practice” care. Our program has been certified since 2013.
- We offer easy, free, on-site parking at the Tilley Drive campus.
What our patients say…
- “The program re-energized my appreciation of exercising and enlightened my concerns about living with my lung disease. I walked away from the program feeling better physically and perhaps even more important mentally (optimistic).”
- “It was very nice having leaders that were very knowledgeable and having great personalities. It made a very serious topic easy to participate in.”
- “What I found most beneficial; restoration of muscles and improvement for my balance, major relief for neck discomfort and range of movement, breathing methods to assist with anxiousness or stress, support for shortness of breath, and group interaction.”
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Details
Dates: We offer two sessions per week for 8 weeks on Tuesday and Thursday, or Wednesday and Friday from 1:00-4:00pm.
Location: 62 Tilley Drive Suite 101, South Burlington, VT
Group size: 6-7 individuals per class.
Insurance coverage: covered by most third-party payers, including Medicare. Insurance coverage is verified by staff before patients join the program.
Supplemental oxygen up to 6 liters per minute is available for use for patients for whom it has been prescribed. However, participants should bring their own portable oxygen to use before and after the sessions, if needed.
Download the AACVPR pamphlet.
Pulmonaryr rehabilitation is a comprehensive treatment approach for patients living with chronic lung disease. Patients who may benefit include those will the following conditions:
Treatments - Pulmonary Rehab
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation staff prepares an individualized treatment plan to help you get stronger and regain control of your breathing so you can do the things you want to do.
Treatments provided in the program include
- Assessment of current disease status: this may be done by a respiratory therapist, physical therapist, or doctor.
- Education about lung disease, including medications and other treatments.
- Exercise training, including flexibility, strength and cardiovascular training adjusted to fit each individual participant’s ability.
- Education on self-management strategies to manage chronic lung disease.