Application for Pediatrics Residency
Residency applications for the University of Vermont Pediatric Residency Program at UVM Medical Center and Children’s Hospital are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The Pediatric Residency Program at UVM Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Materials required from all applicants are:
- ERAS Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter /MSPE
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation from direct supervisors
- Successful completion Step 1 and Step 2 CK of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) required before December 31
- OR successful completion of COMLEX-USA Level 1 and both COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE
- Photographs are optional
International applicants must fulfill all of the following additional criteria:
- Have a J-1 Visa or have a U.S. citizen Permanent Resident status. No other Visas will be accepted (H1B are not acceptable).
- A current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- You must have graduated from medical school within the last two years.
- You will need to have worked in clinical medicine for at least 6 months in the United States within the last 2 years (NOTE: Observerships do not fulfill this requirement).
Due to COVID-19 our interviews will be held on a virtual platform for the 2020-2021 recruitment season. Interviews are by invitation only and are offered to selected applicants through ERAS. We offer interview days on select Mondays and Wednesdays during the months of November, December and January.