Resources Available to Trainees
- Electronic Medical Record - UVM Medical Center has had a fully functional electronic medical record since 2009, which provides best practice alert and immediate access to clinical guidelines to optimize clinical care and maximize patient safety. The EMR can be used for data collection to analyze practice patterns and performed clinical and quality research
- Simulation Center - our newly expanded state-of-the-art Simulation Center provides for training in procedures, communication skills, team dynamics, transitions of care, Code Blue/ACLS, and common clinical scenarios.
- Quality Improvement - The Jeffords Institute for quality and operational effectiveness supports the UVM Medical Center's efforts to meet strategic goals in the areas of quality, patient safety and operational efficiency. Educational sessions on principles and techniques in quality improvement are provided for trainees at all levels. Residents can become members of an interdisciplinary team working on a specific quality initiative and the Institute provides expertise and support for clinical and quality research projects initiated by faculty and trainees.
- University of Vermont - the Medical Center is housed on the same campus as the University of Vermont. Trainees have access to faculty from a wide range of disciplines to collaborate for research.
- Teaching Academy - The University of Vermont College of Medicine has recently established a Teaching Academy. Educational sessions on a variety of topics related to teaching are sponsored by the Academy, and the Academy promotes research on medical education.
- Center for Leadership and Innovation - offers a number of certificate programs for professionals.
- Public Health - Vermont Department of Health offices are housed in Burlington and provide an easily accessible resource for education and research.
- Vermont State Government - the small size of the state of Vermont allows for interaction with healthcare policy makers at the state level.
Internal Medicine sites:
Larner College of Medicine at UVM
Interested in applying?
Program number for ERAS Applications: