Residency applications for the Anesthesiology Residency Program are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The Anesthesiology Residency Program at UVM Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Materials required from all applicants are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- A minimum of three (3) recent letters of reference from direct supervisors
- Successful completion of both Steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
International applicants must:
- Have a J-1 Visa or have a U.S. citizen Permanent Resident status. No other Visas will be accepted. (H1B are not acceptable.)
- Have graduated from medical school within the last two years
- Prior to appointment, have a current certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Successfully completed the Clinical Skills requirement
- Have worked in clinical medicine in the United States within the last two years
NOTE: an observership does not fulfill this requirement
Application Components and Deadline
The basic components of your application (the common application form, transcripts, and Dean's letter) must be received by December 31.
The interview process for the 2020-2021 interview season are all virtual and unfortunately we are unable to welcome visitors to our campus at this time.
The Department of Anesthesiology invites applicants to interview on Wednesdays, November through January. For the 2020-2021 season, we will conduct all of our interviews virtually through our online scheduling and interview platform, Thalamus. The interview sessions will include a virtual “resident hangout” the evening before the interview day. On the interview day we will be conducting one to two sessions per day to accommodate those interviewing from different time zones. After a presentation from our Residency Program Director and current residents, you will interview with the Department Chair, the Residency Program Director, several faculty members and a current resident.
The University of Vermont Anesthesiology Residency Virtual Open Houses
The 2020-2021 interview season will be new for everyone and we want to get to know you virtually! We wish we could invite you all to our campus, but we are adapting and working hard to have a successful interview and recruitment season.
Please join us for one of our Virtual Open Houses by sending an email to AnesthesiologyGMEuvmhealth [dot] org to get information and a zoom link.
- Monday September 1st 6-7pm EST
- Wednesday September 16th 3-4pm EST
- Thursday October 1st 4-5pm
- Saturday October 3rd – We will be participating in the ASA Meet and Greet
- Wednesday October 14th 4-5pm EST