Residency applications for the Anesthesiology Residency Program are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The Anesthesiology Residency Program at UVM Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Materials required from all applicants are:
- ERAS application
- Consider program and geographic signaling
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- A minimum of three (3) recent letters of reference from direct supervisors
- Successful completion of both Steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
International applicants must:
- Have a J-1 Visa or have a U.S. citizen Permanent Resident status. No other Visas will be accepted. (H1B are not acceptable.)
- Have graduated from medical school within the last two years
- Prior to appointment, have a current certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Successfully completed the Clinical Skills requirement
- Have worked in clinical medicine in the United States within the last two years
NOTE: an observership does not fulfill this requirement
Application Components and Deadline
The basic components of your application (the common application form, transcripts, and Dean's letter) must be received by December 31.
2023 - 2024 Interview Season
All interviews for the 2023-2024 interview season will be virtual.
The University of Vermont Anesthesiology Residency Virtual Open Houses
Please join us for one of our Virtual Open Houses below.
- Wednesday, August 23, 11 a.m – 12 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, September 6, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, September 20th, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. EST
The Department of Anesthesiology invites applicants to interview on Wednesdays, from November through January. We will conduct all of our interviews virtually through our online scheduling and interview platform, Thalamus. The interview sessions will include a virtual “resident hangout” the evening before the interview day.
On the interview day, you will interview with the Program Director, several faculty members and a current resident. We will have both morning and afternoon interview sessions available to accommodate applicants in various time zones.
There is the possibility of an optional in-person second look after interviews are completed. We will update all interviewed applicants at that time.
We look forward to meeting our applicants!
Interested in applying?
Program number for ERAS Applications: